Saturday, February 22, 2014

Yabu House of Katsu


I have been going to Yabu for the third time already and it’s just now that I am to write about it. The first time I checked out this place, I was hesitant because I am not really a huge fan of Japanese cuisine. I have eaten katsu's before during college days and that's all of it. It was just my workmate who wants to dine here that pushed me to try it out and I did like it a lot. Their servings are big, really authentic Japanese cuisine, very flavorful and delicious dishes, cool ambiance plus they have unlimited white or brown rice(your choice, both are really tasty), fruits(watermelon and pineapple) and cabbage! I really don't even feel it as a cheat meal after working out in the gym because instead of ordering Katsudon, you can pick Katsu sets(chicken katsu for a much leaner meat than pork) and pound yourself on cabbage(so you can stay away from carbs). Their serving is so big that I'm just half of my food and I can feel that I'm almost full. Their meet slices are not 0.5inch less so its really big than the usual you can see around plus, it is so perfectly cooked. They have sumptuous sauce that you would make before your meal as part of the ritual(that's what their servers actually said) and a very friendly and accommodating staff that will attend to your needs and will proactively ask you if there will still be anything else you would like to have. I guess this things are the reason that I keep on coming back in Yabu. You will really enjoy your food whoever you are with and whatever occasion you might celebrating or if you're just looking for a great place and food to dig in.

















No comments:

Post a Comment